Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You won't even miss your beef burgers.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- butter lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, slices
Wasabi Lime Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- To Make the Burgers: Combine all ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a large bowl and mix gently with your hands until just combined; do not over mix. Form turkey into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle over the top of each patty the sesame seeds, patting lightly to adhere. Spray skillet with vegetable spray and heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add burgers. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Toast buns if desired, then top burgers with wasabi mayo, lettuce and tomatoes; serve.
- Wasabi Lime Mayonnaise: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for, at least, 1 hour.