1/5 Photos of Asian Brown Rice and Peanut Salad Toss
Sydney Mike's Note:
This is a very nice tasting & different salad found in Famous Brand Name Recipes cookbook 'WHOLE-WHEAT COOKING.' Preparation time DOES NOT INCLUDE the 30-40 minutes needed for rice to cool to room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 ounces dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 ounces frozen snow peas, thawed, patted dry
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1In small saucepan, bring water to boil over high heat.
- 2Stir in rice, & return to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed.
- 4With fork, fluff rice & spread out on greased baking sheet.
- 5Cool to room temperature, about 30-40 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, place large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add peanuts & stirring frequently, toast 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant & beginning to lightly brown.
- 8Place in medium bowl.
- 9Add water chestnuts, snow peas, onion, bell pepper & cranberries, then add cooled rice.
- 10In small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce & pepper flakes.
- 11Add to rice mixture, then toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Brown Rice and Peanut Salad Toss
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 458.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g