Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Asian Broccoli Slaw This is very easy to make and quite satisfying to eat. Nice and crunchy. I am going to try adding cooked chicken breast next time I fix it. I think it will taste like Chinese Chicken Salad.
- 20 ounces broccoli coleslaw mix, -available in produce section
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- green onion
- Combine the cider vinegar, brown sugar, oil and one packet of the seasoning mix from the ramen noodles and let sit while preparing noodles.
- Crush the ramen noodles by placing in zip-lock bag and roll with rolling pin or anything that will work - this is very easy to do.
- "Lightly" brown the noodles and the slivered almonds in frying pan with two tablespoons of olive or canola oil - do not scorch - take off heat and cool.
- Place broccoli in large bowl and pour cooled noodles over broccoli with sunflower seeds and other ingredients. This gets better the longer it sits but still good when it is freshly made.
- Garnish with green onions.
I quadrupled this recipe using 3 pkgs of broccoli slaw and a regular cole slaw. I also added a very generous dash of sesame oil and soy sauce to the dressing. I made this for my friends daughters graduation party and I could hear all the guests raving. Thanks for making me look good!
Excellent recipe!!! Cider vinegar makes a huge difference as well as browning the noodles and nuts! I also added the sunflower seeds to the pan!! Yummy!
Fast and easy to make and it tasted great!