My friend Jane gave me this recipe. It's a sure-fire hit at potlucks and picnics. REALLY easy to make, and keeps well. If I know it (or leftovers) will have to wait in the fridge for more than a day, I skip the mushrooms.
- Peel tough"skin" from broccli stems; slice stems about 1/8"- 3/16" thick.
- Cut florets into bite size picees.
- Steam broccoli until just crisp.
- (Stems will take slightly longer than florets to steam.) Do NOT overcook.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss w/ broccoli.
- Stir in grated carrot, sliced mushroom and almonds.