Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
My friend Jane gave me this recipe. It's a sure-fire hit at potlucks and picnics. REALLY easy to make, and keeps well. If I know it (or leftovers) will have to wait in the fridge for more than a day, I skip the mushrooms.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 grated carrot (size to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (raw)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- Peel tough"skin" from broccli stems; slice stems about 1/8"- 3/16" thick.
- Cut florets into bite size picees.
- Steam broccoli until just crisp.
- (Stems will take slightly longer than florets to steam.) Do NOT overcook.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss w/ broccoli.
- Stir in grated carrot, sliced mushroom and almonds.
Delicious, light broccoli salad. Would make a great side dish for any meal, especially when grilling. Lots of crunch from the almonds and beautiful color. I steamed the broccoli in the microwave for two minutes which was fast and easy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thank You for sharing such a wonderful recipe ! Full of color and flavor , it was a delight to eat as well as pretty on the plate . I will be making this one often !!!
Yum! I added some tahini and miso and used sesame seeds instead of almonds. I'll be making this all summer long.