Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad made a fabulous side dish to my Asian chicken. It was easy to make and full of flavor. And healthy too! I found this on www.lowfatlifestyle.com
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Stir soy sauce, vinegar, oil and honey in large bowl until blended.
- Steam broccoli florets just until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool. Stir sesame seeds in heavy large skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and let cool.
- Mix broccoli and half of sesame seeds into dressing. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, tossing occasionally. Transfer broccoli to serving platter. Pour dressing over. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
My family loves this salad ~ its a perfect side dish to any Asian meal.
This was delish. Very quick esp. as I just poured boiling water over the cut up broccoli and let it sit for 1.5 minutes. I also used toasted sesame seeds as I love them.
I prefer it slightly warm or at least at room temperature rather than cold.
Definitely will make again
Delicious! Although I did zap this in the microwave to serve warm rather than out of the fridge. Thanks for posting!