2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef #DBLEE's Note:
Broccoli chicken salad Chinese style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g fresh broccoli, cut into 2 inch stems
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1 chinese style steam whole chicken
- 118.29 ml ginger in syrup, Mee Chun preserved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, paper thin slice
- 118.29 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml shao hsing rice wine
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 118.29 ml Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 236.59 ml roasted cashew nuts
- 1In a large stockpot add in the whole chicken and fill with water add onion and garlic powder and salt and return to a boil. Cover with a lid and turn off the heat and after 30 minutes return back to a boil and repeat this step for the next 30 minutes. After the time is up remove the chicken into a bowl of ice water for 20 minutes. Drain the entire stock out. Drain off extra water from the chicken and place onto a plate and aloud to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 2In a mixing bowl blend in hoisin sauce, ranch dressing and Shao Hsing rice wine and sesame oil mix well and set aside into the refrigerator.
- 3In a large stockpot fill halfway with water and bring to a boil and salt and return to a boil. Add in the broccoli pieces and when the water starts to boil pour into a coriander and run cold water to cool the broccoli. Drain all of the water out.
- 4With the whole chicken hand shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Place into large chill stainless steel bowl with broccoli, ginger, pepper and season with salt and pepper. Blend in the salad dressing and combine together and fold in the cashew nuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Broccoli Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.5
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 2000.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup