Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Broccoli chicken salad Chinese style.
Make and share this Asian Broccoli Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into 2 inch stems
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 chinese style steam whole chicken
- 1⁄2 cup ginger in syrup, Mee Chun preserved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, paper thin slice
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- In a large stockpot add in the whole chicken and fill with water add onion and garlic powder and salt and return to a boil. Cover with a lid and turn off the heat and after 30 minutes return back to a boil and repeat this step for the next 30 minutes. After the time is up remove the chicken into a bowl of ice water for 20 minutes. Drain the entire stock out. Drain off extra water from the chicken and place onto a plate and aloud to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl blend in hoisin sauce, ranch dressing and Shao Hsing rice wine and sesame oil mix well and set aside into the refrigerator.
- In a large stockpot fill halfway with water and bring to a boil and salt and return to a boil. Add in the broccoli pieces and when the water starts to boil pour into a coriander and run cold water to cool the broccoli. Drain all of the water out.
- With the whole chicken hand shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Place into large chill stainless steel bowl with broccoli, ginger, pepper and season with salt and pepper. Blend in the salad dressing and combine together and fold in the cashew nuts.