Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe for a pork roast in Woman's Day magazine and changed it up a little bit. I use pork chops in place of a roast and served it with stir-fried vegetables and rice. I also made another batch of the sauce and poured it into the stir-fried vegetables (with some cornstarch) while they were cooking. I was worried because the ingredients were kind of foreign to me but it turned out wonderfully.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 pork chops (I used boneless)
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours or High for 5-6 hours.