Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Clipped this recipe in an Australian women's magazine, don't remember which one!
Make and share this Asian Black Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Soak rice 3 hour or overnight.
- Drain rice. Then combine rice, water and spices in a large pot. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Put 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/3 cup sugar and mixed spice powder into the empty pot. Stir over low heat until the sugar is disolved. Add rice, cook 4-5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Lay out fruit on a cookie sheet. Top with sugar and dot with butter. Grill 5-10 minutes til golden.
- To serve: Place rice pudding in the bowl. Top with grilled fruit and drizzle with remaining coconut cream.