3 hrs 50 mins
Clipped this recipe in an Australian women's magazine, don't remember which one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak rice 3 hour or overnight.
- 2Drain rice. Then combine rice, water and spices in a large pot. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 3Put 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/3 cup sugar and mixed spice powder into the empty pot. Stir over low heat until the sugar is disolved. Add rice, cook 4-5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Lay out fruit on a cookie sheet. Top with sugar and dot with butter. Grill 5-10 minutes til golden.
- 5To serve: Place rice pudding in the bowl. Top with grilled fruit and drizzle with remaining coconut cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Black Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 59.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: