Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Stir-fried beef in a light gingery sauce. Serve over steamed rice or hot egg noodles." Submitted by: Holly on another site. Thought I'd add a recipe that isn't for the winter holiday season! If you're concerned about the sugar use the Splenda version. This recipe is featured in '30 Minutes to Cook' cookbook from Oxmoor.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas or 8 ounces frozen snow peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add the snow peas (thaw and dry frozen ones) and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
I just found this recipe and tried it last night. Sorry to say, this was not the best Asian Beef I've made, even after following complete directions.