Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A complete meal in 30 minutes. This has become one of our favourite meals. I have made this with fresh chicken as well as leftover meat. Victorian Epicure (VE) is a Canadian company that sells spice mixes with no MSG and all natural ingredients. Being intolerant of MSG it is my favorite supplier of dip mixes. NA.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grained white rice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 sirloin steak
- 1 (500 g) package frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons victorian epicure oriental stir-fry seasoning
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice, stir and return to a boil. Place lid on pot. Lower heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Warm wok or large pan over medium to high heat. While heating, cut sirloin steak into thin strips. Add oil to wok. Add steak.
- While beef is cooking, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir-fry until vegetables reach tender-crisp.
- Add sauce to wok. Stir into beef and vegetables mixture until boiling and thickened.
- Serve over rice.