Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Weight Watchers New Complete cookbook. Another one of my favorites. These are just like the teriyaki beef strips you get in Chinese restaurants. Oh so yummy and good for you too! Great with rice.
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated peeled
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 16 strips
- Preheat a grill. If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes.
- In a gallon size sealable plastic bag, combine all of the ingredients, including the beef. Seal the bag, squeezing out the air. Marinate 15 minutes.
- With tongs, remove the beef from the marinade; discard the remaining marinade. On each of 16, six-inch, metal or wooden skewers, thread one beef strip, piercing the beef in several places.
- Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with either chinese mustard, duck sauce and/ or soy sauce to dip the skewers inches.
This SURELY does IT for ME! GREAT!! GREAT!! GREAT!!! Recipe! Had butcher slice strips as that was only thing that confused me, Strips are long, slim as can be! Can add chilli flakes or have as a sauce! Can be served as an appetiser of main course! Thank you for posting as feel quite WOW! Thanks for the previous reviewer to not only suggest adding extra things but HOW! Also used tamari as GREATLY reduces salt content for me! Did I mention this is a GREAT recipe! THANKS! DEFINATE KEEPER!!!
Easy and tasty. I liked the marinade so much I have another batch going and am going to see what kind of jerkey it makes. I did use fermented fish sauce instead of soy as that is what I had on hand. Served it with Bean Thread Noodles, various greens, thin carrot strips, and rice papers to make Vietnamese-like rice paper rolls served with a quick peanut sate sauce.
Loved these!! Will make again. Thanks!!