Recipe by Boomette
Taken in the issue of June 2006 of Coup de Pouce. This is a recipe for the barbecue.
Top Review by Susie D
I made the marinade and elected to let small 6 oz steaks marinate for several hours. They were cooked with the green onions on a contact grill. The steak had great Asian flavor and was very easy to make. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, grated or 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml rice vinegar or 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 453.59 g sirloin tip steak, 1 inch thick (1 lb)
- 10 green onions, cut in pieces of 2 inches (only the white part)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, oil and sugar. Remove the fat from the steak and cut the meat in dices of 1 inch. Add beef to the marinade and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On metal skewers or presoaked bamboo skewers, thread beef cubes by alternating with green onion. Set the barbecue to medium high. Brush the beef skewers with the marinade and put on a oiled grill of the barbecue. Close cover and cook about 10 minutes or until beef is grilled but still pink inside (flip the skewers 3 times during cooking time).