Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I found this in a newspaper database and want to put it out here for safe-keeping. Can be used as an appetizer or light meal.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- In a small bowl, combine and thoroughly mix all ingredients except steak.
- Cut steak into 1/4" strips across the grain on the diagonal.
- Place steak in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over steak and mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill. Thread steak onto soaked skewers and discard marinade.
- Oil the grates on the grill. Grill skewers approximately 3 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
This was so good! I replaced the green onions with green peppers, and didn't use skewers. I simply took the meat out of the marinade and fired up my wok. After the meat was cooked, I heated up some soy sauce and garlic in the same wok, thickened it up with some corn starch and water and poured it right over top at the table. VERY YUMMY!!! Thanks!
These were excellent. I cut up green peppers and onions and put them in the marinade.
Real easy - a definite 5 star! I only marinated this for 3 hours and the taste was fantastic. I used the broiler and still only cooked it for 3 min each side. Had partner pick up some egg rolls and fried rice on the way home. A real quick meal. Plan to use this as an appetizer too.