Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious, low-calorie salad adapted from the Slim-Fast website. You could probably also grill the flank steak if you prefer!
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cucumber, slices
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 lb lean beef flank steak, marinated
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light asian vinaigrette
- Marinate the flank steak overnight in your choice of teriyaki or asian marinades.
- Broil flank steak and slice thinly.
- Arrange spinach on plates, then top with carrots, bean sprouts and steak.
- Drizzle dressing and sprinkle cashews on top. Enjoy!
This was a really nice salad! I loved how refreshing the cucumbers and sprouts made it. I would also like to make it with chicken or sub peanuts for cashews. I think there are a lot of things you can do to this salad to suit your likings. But it is just fine as it is here! Made for PAC fall 09.