Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was posted in our local newspaper. It looks like a great summer recipe for when we fire the grill back up.
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, quartered lengthewise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill to med- high.
- Grill the steak for 7- 10 mins per side for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes Cut into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chili paste. Add the steak strips and toss together.
- Add the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, mint and scallions, then gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to 4 serving plates and sprinkle with the peanuts.