Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (2)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups torn salad greens or 4 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Carve steaks. Combine beef, onion and cilantro in medium bowl. Add dressing; toss. Serve on salad greens. Sprinkle with peanuts.