Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adaptation of #98584 because my husband does not like cabbage and I had no dark sesame oil or green onions. I did have regular vegetable oil and sesame seeds. The serrano peppers add a bit of pepper heat, but not as hot as jalapeno. My husband loves warmed sweet and sour plum sauce on anything Asian -- and it is good with this.
- 8 ounces thin steak (or chicken breast or shrimp or pork)
- 2 teaspoons oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion (Texas 1015 or Vidalia, bite-sized chunks)
- 3 small serrano peppers, keep separate (sliced in small rounds)
- 1⁄2 large green pepper (bite-sized chunks)
- 1⁄2 large yellow pepper (bite-sized chunks)
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and cut (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Trim fat from steak and slice very thin across grain.
- Cut all vegetables into chunks (about 1 inch or slightly smaller) and keep each veggie separated.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat (electric skillet works great).
- Add steak and sesame seeds; then add onions and serrano peppers; stir fry about 1 minute or until meat seems done and onions are beginning to crystalize slightly.
- Remove steak mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add remaining vegetables and quickly stir-fry -- leave crunchy.
- Remove stir-fried veggies to meat mixture plate. Keep warm.
- Add water and ONE seasoning packet to skillet; bring to boil.
- Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture.
- Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring freequently.
- Stir in steak mixture, vegetables, and soy sauce. Cook until thoroughly heated.