Recipe by Sandyg61
This serves 16 as an appetizer or 4 as a main course. This can be done on the grill also. Time does not include marinating time. From the Texas Beef Council's website.
- 453.59 g beef top sirloin steak
- 6 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all fat from steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Make marinade by combining brown sugar, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Place beef and half of the marinade mixture in sealable plastic bag, turning to coat. Close securely and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, soak 16 bamboo skewers (6") in water 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef (weaving back and forth) and green onion onto skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3-4 inches from heat. Broil 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Brush kabobs with reserved marinade during last 2 minutes.