Recipe by JOANNE S.
We love Asian food and this is a speedy variation of a quick and easy Lo Mein. Sometimes I use frozen mixed vegetables for convenience. I use ground beef or thinly sliced chicken breats, which ever I have on hand.
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
I had a very similar recipe like this about 15 years ago and I misplaced it. I was so happy to find it here; it's a nice one skillet meal for those nights when you don't have much time or energy to get dinner on the table. Even better, the family likes it. Thanks for posting, Jaaynee.
- 1 lb ground sirloin or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 packages oriental flavor instant ramen noodles
- 3 cups fresh vegetables, thinly sliced (a combination of onion, carrots, celery, red and or green peppers, snow pea pods, broccoli, whatever) or 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 -3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground sirloin or quickly stir fry chicken strips until no longer pink.
- Use a drop of vegetable is necessary.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Season the meat with one of the seasoning packets from the noodles; set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine water, vegetables, noodles (broken up), ginger and remaining seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return meat to skillet; stir in green onion.