Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A winner in BH&G magazine ($400.) See what you think!
- 1 lb baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, place all potatoes and top with the beef brisket.
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, salsa, tapioca and garlic and pour over the meat.
- Spread sauce evenly over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker to a cutting board and cut across the grain into slices.
- Serve cooking liquid over the meat and potatoes.
This recipe got mixed reviews in my house. The chief complaint was that the brisket was overcooked. I cooked it for eight hours on low and that was too, too long. I may try this again with another cut of meat, the sauce and spuds were good.
My DH has made this a few times and we love it. It's simple to prepare and is really delicious!