Prep 1 hr
Cook 16 mins
From Love at First Bite: The Complete Vampire Lover's Cookbook. The title for this dish was " Spine-Tingling Beef Bites". I modified this one a bit to make for finger food friendly :)
- 59.16 ml sesame oil
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled and grated
- 4.92 ml red chili oil (added this)
- 4 green onions, thinly cut into small rounds, reserve half for garish (added this)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, minced, reserve half for garnish
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 907.18 g lean sirloin steaks, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 396.89 g package wonton wrappers, round (added this)
- 29.58 ml olive oil, for brushing (added this)
- 14.79 ml white sesame seeds, lightly toasted (added this)
- 14.79 ml black sesame seed, lightly toasted (added this)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange wonton wrappers evenly in single layer on sheet. Brush with olive oil. Using a fork, prick a few holes in the wrappers to prevent bubbling. Bake for 6-7 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients, except the beef and sesame seeds, in a bowl. When the sauce is well blended, divide in half and add the sirloin chunks to one portion. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to broil. String the beef on skewers and transfer to broiling pan. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Transfer crispy wrappers to a serving platter in a single layer. Arrange 1-2 pieces of sirloin on each wrapper. Top with toasted sesame seeds and reserved greens. Serve warm.