I really enjoyed this soup. I found this recipe in the Womans Weekly and hubby and I tried it for the first time on the weekend. I love winter because we get to eat yummy soups!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups beef consomme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 450 g fresh rice noodles
- 500 g rump steak, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1Place the water, consomme, onion, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- 2Add sambal oelek, fish sauce and sugar and simmer uncovered for 1 minute.
- 3Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Divide the noodles among serving bowls.
- 4Drop steak into simmering broth and cook for between 15 and 30 minutes making sure the steak is cooked through but not tough.
- 5Pour broth and steak over noodles and top with bean sprouts and mint.
- 6Squeeze lemon over if you require an extra tang.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Beef and Rice Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (787 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 1617.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: