Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different but delicious dinner, and it's ready very quickly.
- 2 cups instant rice
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil, lightly sprayed with (18x12)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb lean beef flank steak, cut into short thin strips
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1/2 cup rice in center of one sheet of foil.
- Divide beef strips into four portion.
- Arrange beef strips on foil to completely enclose rice.
- Place a 1/2 cup of mixed vegetables on rice.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and marmalade in a small bowl.
- Arrange a 1/4 cup of orange sections around beef.
- Place 2 ice cubes on top of vegetables.
- Fold up sides of foil and pour 1/4 cup of broth into packet.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet leaving head space for heat circulation.
- Repeat to make three more packets.
- Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.