Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A stri-fry with sirloin steak and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, halved if large
- 1 cup thinly-sliced carrot, cut diagonally
- 1 cup thinly-sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced scallions
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil; cook the beef for 3 minutes. Remove the meat and toss with one season packet from the noodles; set aside.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and red pepper and sauté until almost cooked through, 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water, ginger, noodles, and remaining season packet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add the snow peas, water chestnuts, and peas; reduce the heat and simmer 5-7 minutes, or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Add beef and scallions; stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute more.
This is very good. Especially easy too for those who are fairly new to cooking. At first, I was skeptical about the ramen noodles.
Thanks for the easy, quick and tasty recipe. I didn't have snow peas or water chestnut so just left these out and it was still good.
I love this recipe. I've now made it a handful of times and found that using frozen chinese mixed veggies makes it even easier, quicker and cheaper to make.