Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in a magazine. I am trying to clean up my PILES of clipped recipes or should I say torn magazine pages :) I am posting the ones I'd like to try here. There are always some ramen noodles around my house & this sounds like a quick & tasty way to use some.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesoriental flavor instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet, ground beef over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4" pieces. Remove with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Season beef with one seasoning packet from noodles. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine 2 cups water, vegetables, noodles, ginger, and remaining seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 3 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet; stir in green onion. Makes 4 servings.
I have made this recipe for years and it is so good. There is nothing that has to be changed. This is a family favorite.