Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a family favorite. It's an easy dinner to put together.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cooked rice
- In a skillet, brown meat on all sides.
- Add the broth and cover and simmer until beef is tender, about an hour.
- Add cauliflower, green pepper, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root if using.
- Cover and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and water.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve on rice.
This is different and very tasty! Yummy recipe!