Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pesto. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
yum! I used mirin instead of sugar and sambal oelek instead of chili flakes and it came out really good. Also added some more peanuts for the taste. Thanks!
Mmm, I loved this! Served it over whole wheat angel hair pasta, and enjoyed it hot and cold! Thanks so much Redsie!
Thai basil is not a common ingredient here in the country, but when I saw some in the market I knew I had to try some. This is certainly not the pesto I'm used to, but I think I'm going to be making this a lot in the near future. I served this up with the Thai noodles mixed with slivered red peppers and scallions. Great flavor, thanks!