Recipe by Kiersten Phae
I got this from Chef Ming Tsai's website for "Simply Ming" This is one of his "Master" recipes that he shows how to prepare on a variety of things including Chicken breast & Ribs. Serve it with Tofu for a great vegetarian dish. I love hoisin, so I'm posting here for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 red onions, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 cups hoisin sauce
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- canola oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan coated lightly with oil over high heat
- Cook the garlic, ginger and onions and sweat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sambal, hoisin and tomatoes.
- Add lime juice and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Check for flavor and re-season if necessary.
- Simmer until reduced by 10%, then transfer to a blender and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Serve with ribs, chicken, tofu, or whatever you want!