Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Never tasted it, don't know what it's like, but sounds interesting. Not as nice as The easiest (non-machine) white bread in the world. I've tasted that, its gorgeous, as is the chef.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup brewed chai tea
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, cream cheese, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix mashed bananas and Chai into cream cheese mixture.
- Add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Remove from pan after 10 minutes.
I've never tried this either. But, i hope someone reads this - it's a great story!!! My ex-boyfriend misses me. I miss him too, but i never would have thought to do what he did. He did a search for me on the web & it brought him here (scary or what?!). So, he finds my recipe ('the easiest non-machine white bread in the world' by the way!!!) & rates it 5 *'s. Plus, in his review he asks me to marry him. Then he posts his own recipe. So i'm giving him 5 stars and saying 'yes'. Yaaaaaaay!!!
First of all,this was an awesome banana bread. I stumbled across the review Celine posted and was so touched by the online love story between Celine and the recipe poster, Scar Tissue, that I HAD to give this recipe a try. I am so glad I did - it was the loveliest looking banana loaf I have ever made and was very moist and tender. It tasted wonderful! I think that any spiced tea(such as Constant Comment or Earl Grey) would work equally well if you don't have any Chai flavor tea on hand. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe and for sharing your beautiful love story! Hoping for the best for you both.
I didn't try this recipe, I don't even know what it is because I didn't read it. But this guy is sooo sweet and so in love that it must be great whatever it is. I hope that these two are very happy. Print these pages and save them to a scrap book. Your children and grandchildren will love this!