Recipe by tunasushi
This cake specifically only uses a banana called "pisang mas"...I do not know how it will turn out if you use other bananas though...200g is the weight of the bananas WITHOUT the skin on em.
- 135 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 125 g sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 65 ml corn oil
- 200 g mashed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 360°F; line a 9x5 inch loaf pan entirely.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar till very, very light and creamy. Pour in mashed bananas and continue beating with electric mixer till very thick. I usually beat it for 10 minutes. It is essential to mix it well.
- Using a hand whisk, mix in the flour mixture till everything is nice and homogenous.
- Next, fold in the banana essence and oil and mix well.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for around 35 - 40 minutes. Do check at 35 minutes, in case your oven is faster than mine!