Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake specifically only uses a banana called "pisang mas"...I do not know how it will turn out if you use other bananas though...200g is the weight of the bananas WITHOUT the skin on em.
- Preheat oven to 360°F; line a 9x5 inch loaf pan entirely.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar till very, very light and creamy. Pour in mashed bananas and continue beating with electric mixer till very thick. I usually beat it for 10 minutes. It is essential to mix it well.
- Using a hand whisk, mix in the flour mixture till everything is nice and homogenous.
- Next, fold in the banana essence and oil and mix well.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for around 35 - 40 minutes. Do check at 35 minutes, in case your oven is faster than mine!
I made this recipe for the ZWTII. It made 3 small loaf's, and they were gone in a flash! Thanks for a quick and easy recipe!