Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Mrs. Kelley who contributed to The Fine Arts Cookbook II from the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA. Nice ingredients that you may already have at home.
- 1 frying chicken, skin removed, cut into pieces
- butter, for browning
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dry red Burgundy wine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Saute the chicken in butter to brown lightly.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and heat just long enough for the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour over the chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
The sauce was very runny, reminded me of just a marinade. The chicken was also very dry. The flavor was great, but I couldn't get over how dry the chicken was.