Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are very good. I got this recipe years ago from one of those cookbooks you buy at the checkout line in the supermarket. I tried these because we are a big fan of steamed anything. The list of ingredients are long but the taste is amazing and so worth it.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 cup summer squash, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb thin asparagus, halved and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 dash red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- Place yogurt in cheesecloth lined sieve.
- Set over bowl to drain for 1 hour.
- Combine remaining sauce ingredients in separate bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray medium baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread carrots, zucchini and squash in 1 layer; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place asparagus, mushrooms and water in microwavable bowl.
- Cover and cook at HIGH about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Heat margarine in medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir 2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in salt, garlic spices and tomatoes; simmer 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Pour into medium bowl; stir in chutney, carrot and asparagus mixtures.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper on work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you.
- Place about 1/4 cup vegetable mixture in center of wrapper.
- Fold left and right corners over filling; fold bottom corner over filling.
- Press gently at top of filling to remove any air.
- Moisten exposed wrapper edges slightly with water; roll up filled wrapper starting at bottom.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat steps with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray steamer rack with nonstick cooking spray; set in pot over simmering water.
- Add ginger to water.
- Place rolls on rack with seam side up.
- Steam 16 to 18 minutes or until roll is hot and wrapper is cooked through.
- Place on serving plate.
- Transfer drained yogurt to small serving bowl.
- Stir in reserved sauce ingredients.
- Serve rolls with salziki sauce.