1 hr 20 mins
These are very good. I got this recipe years ago from one of those cookbooks you buy at the checkout line in the supermarket. I tried these because we are a big fan of steamed anything. The list of ingredients are long but the taste is amazing and so worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 cup summer squash, cut into strips
- 1/2 lb thin asparagus, halved and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/3 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 dash red pepper
- 3/4 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 1Place yogurt in cheesecloth lined sieve.
- 2Set over bowl to drain for 1 hour.
- 3Combine remaining sauce ingredients in separate bowl; set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 400.
- 5Spray medium baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Spread carrots, zucchini and squash in 1 layer; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- 7Place asparagus, mushrooms and water in microwavable bowl.
- 8Cover and cook at HIGH about 2 minutes or until tender.
- 9Heat margarine in medium saucepan over high heat.
- 10Add onion and celery; cook and stir 2 minutes or until soft.
- 11Stir in salt, garlic spices and tomatoes; simmer 2 minutes.
- 12Add flour; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 13Pour into medium bowl; stir in chutney, carrot and asparagus mixtures.
- 14Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 15Lightly spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- 16Place 1 egg roll wrapper on work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you.
- 17Place about 1/4 cup vegetable mixture in center of wrapper.
- 18Fold left and right corners over filling; fold bottom corner over filling.
- 19Press gently at top of filling to remove any air.
- 20Moisten exposed wrapper edges slightly with water; roll up filled wrapper starting at bottom.
- 21Place on baking sheet.
- 22Repeat steps with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 23Spray steamer rack with nonstick cooking spray; set in pot over simmering water.
- 24Add ginger to water.
- 25Place rolls on rack with seam side up.
- 26Steam 16 to 18 minutes or until roll is hot and wrapper is cooked through.
- 27Place on serving plate.
- 28Transfer drained yogurt to small serving bowl.
- 29Stir in reserved sauce ingredients.
- 30Serve rolls with salziki sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Asparagus Rolls With Salziki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 511.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: