1/1 Photo of Asian Asparagus and Radish Salad
This colorful asparagus and radish salad is dressed with a sesame-soy vinaigrette; pair it with grilled shrimp and rice noodles. Sounds yummy to me. . .found in Eating Well and placed here for safe keeing. They say this vegetarian salad is low calorie, low fat, low sodium and heart healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 -3 dashes asian red chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1Fill a medium bowl with ice water and place by the stove. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket.
- 2Cut off the tips of the asparagus, then thinly slice the remaining asparagus stalks on the diagonal. Place in the steamer basket and steam until tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus to the ice water. Drain.
- 3Combine vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, ginger and chile sauce (if using) in a large bowl.
- 4Add the asparagus, radishes and scallion; toss to combine.
- 5Serve warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Asparagus and Radish Salad
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce