The asparagus should still be crunchy when you serve them. If you use very thin asparagus cut the cooking time back. You can also use this recipe for broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, washed,hard stems snapped off,if necessary peel the bottom part of the stem
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (white & green part)
- Cut asparagus into 2" pieces.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet (high heat).
- Add asparagus, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add water& sugar to the asparagus, cover and steam for 2 minutes, shake the pan a few times Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Uncover wok and add remaining ingredients and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the asparagus with the spice mixture.
- Serve immediately.