1/1 Photo of Asian Asparagus
The asparagus should still be crunchy when you serve them. If you use very thin asparagus cut the cooking time back. You can also use this recipe for broccoli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus, washed,hard stems snapped off,if necessary peel the bottom part of the stem
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (white & green part)
- 1Cut asparagus into 2" pieces.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large skillet (high heat).
- 3Add asparagus, stir fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add water& sugar to the asparagus, cover and steam for 2 minutes, shake the pan a few times Combine the remaining ingredients.
- 5Uncover wok and add remaining ingredients and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the asparagus with the spice mixture.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar