Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was bored one night w/ "normal" wings & wanted to try something else, so pretty much played the clean out the leftover condiments game in my fridge & came up with this; you can use any chicken part I would say, but I usually use either wings or drumsticks that I have taken the skin off of. If using wings, these make a good appetizer too.
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves (Apricot-Pineapple is good too)
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 1 Teaspoon grated fresh Ginger)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings (or equivalent in other pieces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if you are using something other than wings or small drumsticks, I would suggest putting the heat at 350 degrees or chances are you will end up with a burned mess).
- Line 13X9 pan w/ foil (they didn't have it when I first made these, but since they have come out w/ the"release" foil, I've found it works great w/ this recipe).
- In a large bowl,whisk together all the sauce ingredients until blended.
- Add the chicken, coating well.
- Spoon chicken& sauce into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush the chicken w/ the sauce in the pan.
- Cook about 20 minutes more (again this is depending on what part of the chicken you are using;larger pieces would take longer), basting w/ the sauce about every five minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; spoon sauce over it.
- Good served with rice.