1/1 Photo of Asian-Apricot Glazed Pork Loin Chops
Bert's Kitchen Witch's Note:
This recipe is based on one that was from my Grandmother's handwritten recipe note-cards. Over the years I've played with it and ended up with this Asian-inspired version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced finely)
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1Chop onion.
- 2Mix together the 1/4 tsp of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and the Ginger.
- 3Season loin chops with the spice mixture.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, and add the 2 TBS of oil.
- 5Brown the onion and the loin chops for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- 6Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- 7When loin chops are browned on both sides, add the sauce mixture.
- 8Simmer on medium-low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes, until pork is done to an internal temperature of 170 degrees and sauce is reduced and thickened.
- 9Taste sauce (say Yum) and add more pepper or soy sauce to taste, if desired.
- 10Serve over steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Apricot Glazed Pork Loin Chops
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 1007.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 42.1 g