Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and simple salad. Absoulutely delcious!
- 1⁄2 cup cholesterol free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger, dry)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, julienned (1/8- x 1/8- x 3-inch strips)
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and ginger. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill, until serving.
Made this for dinner tonight and used fat-free mayo. Really, really good. Next time I'll throw in some red cabbage too for color.
This recipe made it into our Book #242923! 06/01/09 - Oh Yummy 2x! Made as written except we used a golden delicious apple. We soooo enjoyed this salad! The perfect amount of soy sauce and fresh ginger make for a wonderful Asian flair! A definite keeper recipe, thanks so much for sharing. :)
Great slaw recipe! I'm not a fan of most coleslaws, but this one is so different from that green sludge you buy in the stores! I made it as written except using fresh cabbage and 2 apples.