Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a surplus of apple pears so experimented! You could serve this for breakfast with cinnamon toast or put on ice cream with a chocolate sauce or anywhere that you would use stewed fruit. You may want to add some sugar when cooking it if you like things sweet.
- 4 cups Asian pears, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cardamom seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the fruit is soft but not falling apart.
- Watch, you will probably have to add a little more water once or twice during the cooking so as not to scorch the fruit.
- Don't drown them, just a couple of tbsp at a time.
- Remove Cardamom seeds and serve.
I also had (have!) a surplus of Asian pears so decided to do something other than just eat them out of hand :) I used whole cardamom pods as I assumed that was what was meant rather than seeds. Very tasty and did not need any additional sweetener. Thanks for the recipe :)