Recipe by Marla Swoffer
A savory picnic salad bursting with color and flavor!
Top Review by Lorac
Very good. I loved the curry-mayo dressing with the salad ingredients made special by the addition of peanuts. I made the recipe as directed except for substituting shredded carrots (1 1/4 cups. DH, who doesn't care for the taste of curry loved the salad. The next day, the dressing over powered the salad ingredients. I think the dressing is a real treasure and will put it in my "Book of Tricks". Thanks RSC Chef !
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup peeled quartered thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion (green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (preferably unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper