Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A savory picnic salad bursting with color and flavor!
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup peeled quartered thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion (green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (preferably unsalted)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- May be eaten as is, but tastes best chilled overnight.
Very good. I loved the curry-mayo dressing with the salad ingredients made special by the addition of peanuts. I made the recipe as directed except for substituting shredded carrots (1 1/4 cups. DH, who doesn't care for the taste of curry loved the salad. The next day, the dressing over powered the salad ingredients. I think the dressing is a real treasure and will put it in my "Book of Tricks". Thanks RSC Chef !
I made this for me to take to lunch this week. It was very good and I liked the unique combination of ingredients. The flavor of the dressing definitely had a yummy Asian flair to it. I let it refrigerate over night, like you suggested and believe that is the best thing to do. I will double it next time so my husband can try it--I hogged it all for myself. Good luck in the contest.
Very delicious and tasty with a nice amount of curry powder. It gave it an exotic flavor without overpowering the other ingredients. There were no leftovers!!! Good luck in the contest!