Recipe by Tendoy5
From Allrecipes.com - I can't wait to try this!
Top Review by Gr8full One
I cannot believe this hasn't been rated yet! This is a classic at steak houses and bistro cafes. Not a light dish by any means, my family eats this once a month! Thank you for posting this one! We add fresh tomatoes to the top of this dish and extra scallion tops to make it seem healthier...!
- 3 cups heavy cream, separated
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 cup bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lb grilled chicken, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook 2 cups of cream until just bubbling. Watch carefully to ensure that it doesn't boil over.
- Stir in bouillon and asiago cheese with whisk until dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Cook bacon in until evenly brown, drain and crumble.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Saute red onion until softened and translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cooked bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir un green onions, chicken and remaining 1 cup of cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly until cream is heated through.
- Add asiago cream sauce and heat through.
- Toss with pasta until evenly coated and sprinkle with chopped parsley.