Recipe by Minxkat1
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe. My kids really liked these drizzled with honey, I liked them fine with a little melted margarine.
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for egg and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir until moistened, mixture will be thick.
- Pile mixture into eight small mounds onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Brush scones with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.