Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe. My kids really liked these drizzled with honey, I liked them fine with a little melted margarine.
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for egg and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir until moistened, mixture will be thick.
- Pile mixture into eight small mounds onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Brush scones with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.
These scones are delicious! I substituted Parmesan for the Asiago and only used a pinch of nutmeg instead of a teaspoon and they were great.
so goood i could eat more then i need thats for sure. i will be making these again and again thank you