Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. 250 calories, 8.2 g fat, 31.9 g carb, 2.3 g fiber, 23 mg cholesterol.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Put potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a saucepan coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add in the shallots; stir/saute for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over shallots.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup milk and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add 1 1/2 cups milk and stir with a whisk.
- Cook over medium heat for about 9 minutes,stirring frequently until thick.
- Take pan from heat source and add in 3/4 teaspoon salt, Asiago cheese, chives, pepper, and bacon; stir to combine.
- Place half the potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Pour half the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Top with the remaining potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Excellent potato dish. I had no chives, so the sub was green onions. :)
Wow, this was easy to make but tasted amazing! It's one of those recipes where it is hard to stop eating it. :D Thank you!