Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this allllll the time. Everyone raves over it! It's so delicious it's sinful. I hope you guys love it as much as me and my family do! I have done this dish with shrimp and then on several occasions fixed it with chicken.
- 453.59 g package penne pasta
- 532.32 ml heavy cream, divided
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 177.44 ml grated asiago cheese
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml chopped prosciutto (optional)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 177.44 ml sliced mushrooms
- 7.39 ml parsley flakes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir till the cream thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add the mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
It was like a really good Alfredo taken up to the next level. I used half and half and doubled the amount of mushrooms with excellent results. Definitely one of the best pasta dishes out there. Thank you for sharing.
I made this for my husband for our first wedding anniversary and he absolutely loved it. I must say he was very surprised by how great this dish was. I left out the prosciutto because neither one of us like it. WONDERFUL!!!