1/1 Photo of Asiago Pasta
I make this allllll the time. Everyone raves over it! It's so delicious it's sinful. I hope you guys love it as much as me and my family do! I have done this dish with shrimp and then on several occasions fixed it with chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 3/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto (optional)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir till the cream thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- 4To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add the mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asiago Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.7
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: