Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
While starving, I threw this together and had a nice tilapia dish done in less than 20 minutes! :) I served this super fast meal with canned mexi-corn and black beans combined together with a sprinkling of garlic powder and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, and microwaved for two minutes!
Top Review by breezermom
Fabulous! My parm/mayo/lemon juice was a bit thin, so I might reduce the lemon juice a bit next time. As it was, I increased the parm and mayo to thicken it up. Then shredded some asiago cheese for the last few minutes of baking. My fish wasn't browning at that point, but I knew it was done. So I turned the broiler on to get a golden look on my fish. This is such a delicious, simple, and quick to make recipe.....this will be a staple at my house, and I'll use it with whatever fish my neighbor catches.....he has a boat and I don't! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe! Made for Photo Tag game.
- 340.19-453.59 g tilapia fillets (thawed)
- 1-1 lemon (juiced!)
- 14.79-29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese (Kraft or store-brand in green canister is okay, freshly shredded or grated is even better!)
- black peppercorns, freshly ground (to taste!)
- 59.16 ml shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 13x9 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and black pepper in a bowl. (I guesstimated the ingredient amounts in a Pyrex measuring cup, squeezing in the lemon juice first, then adding the remaining ingredients ~ EXCEPT the asiago cheese ~ add that last after the fish bakes!).
- Place thawed tilapia fillets in baking dish ~ top with mayo/parmesan cheese mixture ~ spread to cover fillets.
- Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes, just until fish flakes.
- Top baked fillets with grated asiago cheese ~ (about one tablespoon per fillet).
- Bake 5 more minutes until asiago cheese is lightly browned.
- For a super fast meal, I served this with canned mexi-corn and black beans combined together with a sprinkling of garlic powder and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, and microwaved for two minutes!