Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
While starving, I threw this together and had a nice tilapia dish done in less than 20 minutes! :) I served this super fast meal with canned mexi-corn and black beans combined together with a sprinkling of garlic powder and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, and microwaved for two minutes!
Top Review by loof
This is an amazingly delicious fish dish! So simple and quick to make with ingredients I always have on hand. The bake time was perfect and the cheese was nice and bubbly. I used tilapia as you called for but I think this would work with any mild white fish. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 12 -16 ounces tilapia fillets (thawed)
- 1⁄2-1 lemon (juiced!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (Kraft or store-brand in green canister is okay, freshly shredded or grated is even better!)
- black peppercorns, freshly ground (to taste!)
- 4 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 13x9 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and black pepper in a bowl. (I guesstimated the ingredient amounts in a Pyrex measuring cup, squeezing in the lemon juice first, then adding the remaining ingredients ~ EXCEPT the asiago cheese ~ add that last after the fish bakes!).
- Place thawed tilapia fillets in baking dish ~ top with mayo/parmesan cheese mixture ~ spread to cover fillets.
- Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes, just until fish flakes.
- Top baked fillets with grated asiago cheese ~ (about one tablespoon per fillet).
- Bake 5 more minutes until asiago cheese is lightly browned.
- For a super fast meal, I served this with canned mexi-corn and black beans combined together with a sprinkling of garlic powder and a few dashes of cayenne pepper, and microwaved for two minutes!