Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. An old favorite, with a tasty twist
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Heat a 12-inch lightly oiled, nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- 3. Form hash browns into 3-4 inch patties and add to skillet; flatten slightly. Cook each round 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning once.
- 4. Brush both side of potato slices with butter; place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5. When potatoes are ready, top with bacon, cheese, and green onion; continue baking until the cheese has melted.