Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Makes a one pound loaf for your bread machine. Nice and cheesy with a mild herb flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups bread flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in your machine in the order given by your manufacturer.
- Select the light or sweet bread setting, if able.
- Operate machine and enjoy your loaf!
Something went very wrong. It didn't make a dough. I think I need to try a different setting on my machine. The flavor of the final content was delicious, it just wasn't "bread-like."
I made this bread on Christmas Eve. It took 4 hours for my bread-maker on the light setting. this bread is great and will be made often in the future!